The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is causing enormous consequences around the globe, and we know many of our members are experiencing uncertainty and concern for what’s next. The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the global voice of the AICPA and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), is here to help you through these challenging times.
Your firms, organizations, clients and communities are depending on your expertise during this crisis. And it’s our job to make sure you have the help and information you need to manage through this pandemic.
We created the AICPA Coronavirus Resource Center to provide you with the latest news, resources, event information and guidance to help you advise your organizations, clients and customers. You’ll also find resources to help you and your staff better manage our new way of working. Bookmark the page and visit often for the latest updates on COVID-19 and new learning opportunities like these:
Free CPE webcasts and Livestreams
Our webcasts and social media livestreams provide you with expert insights on topics such as business continuation, risk management, remote auditing and more. If you can’t make the live session, a video recording is always available on the AICPA Coronavirus Resource Center. Here are a few upcoming events:
- Conducting Remote Audits in Uncertain Times — Gain insights from AICPA Chief Auditor Bob Dohrer, CPA, and Andrew Prather, CPA, on how you can conduct a remote audit. March 25, 1-2pm ET, April 1, 12-1pm ET or April 10 from 11-12pm ET. Offers 1 free CPE credit.
- Understanding Market Implications and Bringing Calm Amid Chaos — Hear from top CPA financial planners on how you can best manage physical and economic stresses associated with the pandemic — both your own and your clients’. April 1, 4:30-5:45pm ET, April 6, 1-2:15pm ET, April 13, 1-2:15pm ET. Offers 1.5 free CPE credits.
- Pandemic Risk Mitigation and Practical Considerations for CPA Firms — CPA firms face significant emergency planning issues surrounding COVID-19. Hear a top expert discuss what firms face with insurance, business continuity, privacy/security and more. March 27, 12-1pm ET, March 30, 2-3pm ET or March 31, 3-4pm ET. Offers 1 free CPE credit for AICPA members.
- COVID-19: Business Planning and Impacts — Learn about the critical issues business leaders are facing and gain practical suggestions to help you and your team navigate this pandemic.
- Infosession: COVID-19 affects business health, too — Join experts from around the globe and across practice areas to discuss navigating the accounting and finance implications of the coronavirus pandemic. March 26 at 12pm ET on Facebook Live.
Our collection of recorded conference sessions offers guidance on a range of topics, including managing remote teams, team morale and how to deal with a complex business interruption. These sessions also give you a feel for our virtual conference experience. The following sessions are available exclusively to AICPA members:
- Collaborate With Your Customers Using Microsoft Teams — See how one organization using Microsoft Teams to collaborate with clients reshaped how they interacted together. The technology increased client satisfaction and ultimately led to revenue growth.
- Planning for Self-care — Leaders must take care of their mental, physical and financial health to run a profitable organization. Learn techniques and programs to reduce work stress, boost productivity and increase profits.
- Motivation through Appreciation: Gratitude as an Engagement Tool — Expressing gratitude at work can impact office culture and employee wellbeing. Learn practical ways to foster a culture of appreciation in the workplace to reduce stress, improve immunity and boost morale.
- Small Firm Technology Solutions — New technology can reduce firm risk and increase productivity and flexibility. Explore the latest audit and tax technologies, including collaborative accounting, payroll, SALT, document management, portals, eSignature and email encryption.
- Business Interruption Accounting for Causality — There’s value to considering causality when measuring business interruption losses. This video explains the purpose of business interruption insurance policies and illustrates the best ways to isolate cause and effect when measuring losses.
- Role of a forensic accountant in a complex business interruption/cyber/fraud insurance claim — Forensic accountants can help when disaster strikes. Hear how they’ll help you prepare and submit a comprehensive loss of income, fidelity or cyber claim to the insurance carrier and then navigate the claim settlement process with you.
- Coronavirus: Prepare your clients and protect your practice.
- 9 actions the government must take now to support businesses and employees
- 10 ways to stay social at a distance
Originally published by AICPA.org